Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Divine Intervention


Every Tuesday and Thursday morning I drag myself to philosophy class.  I enjoy my classes and find immense pleasure in the work associated with them, all except this philosophy class.  The professor is friendly and very innovative, so that isn't really the problem.  I think it is just the subject in general.  I don't find interest in paradoxes, arguments, and word play (unless used in a literary sense).  Lately, my professor has been trying to disprove the existence of God.  Even though I disagree with his theory, it doesn't bother me because like to hear out the other side to an argument.  I would say that "everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion" but we learned that this is false and that when you disagree with someone they are considered wrong in your "belief box" so they really aren't entitled to their own opinion.  In this case, I rely on the profound words of Voltaire, "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."  Anyway, returning back to my original thoughts on my professor's goal in class,  today my professor tried disproving God's existence by saying, "God can't intervene with me using this clicker."  He threw the clicker in the air and then caught it in his hand with a swift motion, proud of his premise.  Needless to say, the clicker stopped working shortly after...

No comments:

Post a Comment