Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


I hope everyone is celebrating with corned beef and cabbage today!  Every St. Patrick's day I make my sister teach me a set of steps from one of her Irish step dancing routines.  However, this year I never got the chance to re-learn the same old moves because I went to see some Irish step dancers in action!  Today was my first time in New York City for the St. Patrick's Day parade and it was a giant green madhouse.  We walked for blocks and blocks until we met up with a few more friends.  And we saw many kilts, banners, flags, and Irish sweaters, to say the least.  I was so surprised to see that people come from just about anywhere to see this parade (not that I blame them, it was a very good parade!); we saw marchers from places far away, like California and Florida.  It was beautiful weather for walking too!  I left the long sleeves at home and let the sun be my jacket for the day, instead of the bright green hoodies that filled the city and moved in rhythm with the bagpipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment