Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!


I hope the first day of 2011 has brought everyone joy and excitement.  Although today, for me, has been quite easy going physically (my day has consisted of finishing off a book and lounging around with my family), it has been quite a day mentally.  Usually, I don't put any weight into New Year's resolutions, mainly because if I do end up making one I won't keep it.  However, I was watching the local news and a reporter was asking people outside a supermarket what there New Year's resolutions were.  Some said they wanted to be better people. Others that they were going to quit smoking or stick to a diet.  One girl, perhaps a year or two younger than me, said that she wasn't going to make one because she knew she wouldn't abide by it.  And although this would have been my answer to the reporter if I was asked, something about the girl's answer sounded foolish.  Before the segment ended, the reporter asked an elderly man, probably in his eighties, what his resolution was and he said that his New Year's resolution was to be able to be healthy and live long enough to make a New Year's resolution next year.  That's all he wanted!  He just wanted to live.  Well I hope that 2011 treats him well and he is able to keep that resolution.  So after hearing the segment, I changed my mind and decided to make my own resolution: a new outlook for the year of 2011, I hope to always keep in mind how fortunate I am to be healthy and loved in the upcoming year.  May the new year bring you health, love, and happiness!     

No comments:

Post a Comment