Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2010

The Night Before Christmas

Last December, I was killing time by driving around my town in search for the houses with the best light displays.  I stumbled upon this magnificent tree that could compete with the Rockefeller Centre tree.  Each year the owners of the tree have a company with a cherry picker come and decorate its branches with hundreds of multicolored lights.  I took this picture tonight; Christmas Eve!  It is the perfect picture for tonight, because just as it is per tradition for this tree to be decorated, my family has our own traditions on Christmas Eve.  And now I must leave to go enjoy my favorite Christmas Eve tradition-- my father is a remarkable storyteller.  Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse...   

No comments:

Post a Comment